Monday, August 3, 2015

It's not you, it's me

So, I think we need to have a talk. I'm not necessarily breaking up with you, I just need to take a break... I'm talking a break from social media. I think everyone does this every once in a while and I just think now is a good time for me to take that break. I have a feeling it will be a difficult break at first but a necessary one. I think I have always felt like being popular was the most important thing, and when those "likes" start popping up, I really do feel popular! I was just looking through Facebook and Instagram and I was just thinking, I love all these things and some of these people, but it's just not where I need to be! I want to practice safe social media-ing, but when the apps are on my phone it is just so readily available and time is lost while I scroll up and down and back and forth. Time is lost when I should be sleeping, pondering, praying, feeling, watching, laughing, loving. Reality is distorted because I start to compare my life to yours or hers or theirs.. I think, "what did people do before all of this??" I think I just need to know that I can have a life without all of this. I mean, when you pop up, it's in my "feed" for goodness sakes! This is not where I need to be "fed" and I am realizing that. I don't know what I'm going to do without Facebook and Instagram, buuuutttt in pretty sure I'll survive. I'll keep up with friends and family, don't worry! I might not get rid of snapchat just yet, since there's no "liking" going on, it's more of just a way to keep up with friends, and I think that is fun. I will probably be texting more often since that is how I'll be able to keep up with most of my friends and family, and I think that is a good thing. I know I'm not the first person ever on the world to do this, but it is a pretty big commitment now that I think about it, which makes me more excited to get rid of it. I shouldn't be sad that I'm getting rid of Facebook and Instagram! So, it's not you, it's me. I think things outside this screen I'm typing on should be my focus from now on. Who knows how long the starvation will last ;), but I have a feeling I will be okay. I love you all! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment