Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hiatus

So, I've abandoned my blogging and instagraming due to an overload on my brain. I have had so much going on inside my mind that I didn't really want to put any effort into anything. Sometimes I get discouraged, sad and unmotivated. I think we all do at one point or another, I feel like it happens pretty often for me.
I am so lucky to have so many friends and family who support and love me and my little crazy bug (that's what I call my depression). It is hereditary, a gift passed down from generations before me. Having the knowledge of this I am able to change how I cope and deal with the crazies. I started seeing a therapist, which was nerve wrecking and exhausting but at the same time reassuring. I now have a person to speak to about whatever is going on in my mind, she listens, is supportive and has given me a couple things to work on until our next meeting. She won't judge me for the way I am, she understands what I have and doesn't question the reality of its existence in my life.
I will work on some meditating and journaling. Finding the positives in each day and the experiences I have.


In other news, Cade and I are the new owners of a Ford Focus. It's a cute little car with great gas mileage. It will definitely be better for our rides down to the In-laws and back without taking my nitro and spending SO much on gas. Also, I have picked up my first client, sort of.. My instructor asked for a volunteer to help out the manager of a company called Westhost and their new office and I took the opportunity! I I have my first meeting with him on Monday!! I am excited to work on the lobby space (I will post pictures once I begin).


Today, I came home to a package at the front door. My mind was reeling, I couldn't remember what I had ordered, had Cade ordered me something? Was it a surprise? Hah I thought of everything, then I opened it and discovered an awesome accessories catalogue from Cyan Design. Here is a picture of it... I am super stoked to go through every page of it.
Have a wonderful evening! I will try not to take another hiatus. :)


-britt

3 comments: