Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Past Week

SOOOOOOO A lot has been happening and I got super busy.. I should have made time to blog, but I am a bit lazy ;) We took our little trip to Bear Lake, and it was very relaxing and romantic. When Cade and I make time for each other, spontaneously or planned, it really helps our relationship to stop and make that time for ourselves. Here is a picture of me and the bike looking over Bear Lake.

Then, this last weekend Cade and I had drill for the National Guard. It was Governor's Day and also we had a change of our Utah National Guard command. Friday night was a BBQ and Saturday morning was the Governor's Day Ceremony and change of Command. I am grateful that Cade and I are able to spend time together. It was a great opportunity to hear the Governor and our command speak to us. To hear their support and their pride in us as soldiers made me feel proud to wear the uniform. I am so proud of this country and I have so much hope for the country and what our potential is as a people.

After Governor's Day, we drove back to Logan to go to the Utah State football game. It was a great game, we were a little afraid that USU was going to play poorly since they were playing against the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, but UNLV made a touchdown and that sparked USU. It was a "White-out" game, so many people participated that it looked awesome when you looked around the stadium. It was a great night spent with great friends. I am so grateful to be home to enjoy these moments.

Today, my class and I had the AMAZING opportunity to meet the Architect/Interior Designer/Author Sarah Susanka. She was so inspiring. I left the symposium with such an uplifted attitude. I was so excited to look at my life and my future and make some plans for my passions. I was reminded of the things that are in my heart just waiting to become part of my life. I was so blessed to have this opportunity. I got her book, Home By Design, and The Not So Big Life- she also signed them :) I am going to start reading the book The Not So Big Life, I'm sure I will be updating y'all about what I read and things like that. I AM FILLED WITH SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!! haha! Here are some pictures from today, including me with my books and my super cute outfit :)

I took a lot of great notes that I will be incorporating into my life starting..TOMORROW :)

Good Night Y'all! -Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment